PDI plugin for Servoy
Plugin to read and write vCard and vCalendar files
The PDI Plugin for Servoy offers developers access to the vCalendar and vCard formats to exchange address and calendar information with other programs.
The plugin includes a servlet that allows Calendar applications like Outlook, Apple iCal, Sunbird, etc. as well as devices such as the iPhone to subscribe to (read only) Calendars provided directly from a Servoy server. The servlet can call a method in a headless client that has to return vCalendar data as a String. It will then wrap that data in a way that it can be used to subscribe a calendar. See the News page for a detailed description of the servlet.
Possible uses include
- Deliver calendars to calendar clients such as Outlook, Apple iCal etc.
- Exchange calendar and contactinformation with PIM applications/devices such as MS Outlook, Apple's iCal or AddressBook or the iPod
- Publish calendar information to the web
- Create calendar files to send as email attachments for appointment invitation
- Create vCard files to send as email attachments
The plugin's functionality allows Servoy developers to:
- Create or read vCalendar files from within Servoy
- Create or read vCard files from within Servoy
- Create or extract Events, Alarms, ToDos
- Access all relevant fields of a calendar, event, alarm or todo
- Support for XProperties
Note: the plugin currently only supports vCard 2.1 files.